Purchase negotiations, trade agreements and supplier management
Trade agreements from purchasing position is a seminar aimed to develop skills of diagnosis civil-legal threats in negotiated trade agreements.
Next two days of training are a compendium of negotiation influence, based on highly advanced sociotechnical and psychological techniques. During the training, trainer will include newest and the most effective achievements in neurolinguistic (influence of words, syntax and style of expression on receiver’s nervous system), psychology of temperament and applied psychology. What is more this training is supplemented by knowledge and many exercises from a field of psycho-diagnosis. The training is on advanced level and has rich repertoire of professional techniques.
Fourth day of a training is to provide knowledge and skills required in the design and implementation of best practices in the areas of Procurement and Purchasing. In particular:
- purchasing policy and purchasing strategy. Positioning policy decision-making process and to determine its impact on the overall performance of the company,
- evaluation and selection of suppliers and assessment of supply's quality,
- build and improve relationships with suppliers (Best Practices in Supplier Development),
- negotiating offers and contracts,
- cost control management,
- complaint procedure,
- use of demand forecasts and integrated planning of sales and production in the purchasing procedure,
- inventory management.
During the first day of training a lawyer will answer following questions:
- how to effectively enforce several contractual clauses?
- how to avoid formal-legal mistakes in drawing up the contract?
- what responsibility threaten an unreliable contractor?
- how to properly secure an execution of the contract?
- what is a liability of fixing damages due to improper execution of the contract?
Nowadays, the development of modern businesses cannot take place without purchasing structures operating effectively. In addition to negotiating skills, conscious shaping of effectiveness of individual suppliers as well as application of group management strategy became an essential element. Participants of a training, will learn the most effective methods of developing strategies of work with suppliers used by companies obtaining outstanding results in this area. The substantive content will enable a verification of how to develop internal purchasing policy and a position of people dedicated to such tasks. Participants will learn the full management process - from selection and evaluation methods based on algorithms of decision-making, through tools to shape an efficiency of an individual as well as suppliers' wallet. They will also gain knowledge related to situational management, which appears in moments of organizational changes. To raise competence of the full range of topics.
Participants will learn proven methods of shaping a long-term cooperation based on the one hand on a continuous evaluation and goals, and on the other hand on partner relations and loyalty.
People whose professional responsibility includes a role of establishing cooperation, collaboration, negotiation of contracts and conditions and legal relations - economic and renegotiate.
Each participant will receive practical knowledge on the legal aspects of contracts and negotiate terms of a security of trade agreements, in accordance with applicable law.
This workshop is a synthesis of the most effective tools for shaping conscious strategy of managing Suppliers. Participants will improve their competence in a field of analytical and soft skills. They will be able to practice a practical application of models and algorithms that greatly support decision-making process and overall efficiency of management of suppliers area. The result of participation in this training will be a significant development of competencies required for positions related to procurement process and hence measurable improvement in business performance in strategic areas.
- Verification of the contractor based on explicit registers and records, the right
Analysis of contractual provisions:
- down payment and deposit,
- concept and application of contractual penalties,
- interest on the arrears and default interest,
- responsibility for failure or improper performance of an obligation,
- the right to withdraw from the contract,
- record on the court, the arbitration clause,
- choice of applicable law.
Methods of secure payment in commercial transactions:
- promissory note,
- Bank guarantee,
- insurance policy,
- traps in insurance payments in commercial transactions.
Forms of collateral on debtor's assets:
- transfer of ownership of collateral,
- reservation of title,
- accession to the debt,
- transfer of receivables,
- traps in security over the assets of the debtor.
- Basics of litigation in the event of a dispute against a contract of sale, contracts for construction works, transport, forwarding.
- Limitation of actions.
The new rules and regulations relating to the sale:
- the introduction of the date of delivery of goods (consequences for the automotive market)
- new reporting obligations associated with the contract of sale, which must be included in the contract.
New rules and regulations concerning warranty. The repeal of the provisions relating to the lack of conformity:
- in relation to the professional marketing,
- in relation to consumer marketing.
- The warranty on the sale - a new approach. The consequences of the liquidation of the guarantee of the Consumer Sales Act.
- Changing the rules on claims of the vendor to the manufacturer, wholesaler etc. due to the defectiveness of sold goods.
The new expanded responsibilities of entrepreneurs in consumer contracts. The consequences of their failure:
- obligation to provide information,
- the statutory right of a consumer withdraws from the contract,
- agreement on payment for services, including additional.
Disclosure obligations in respect of distance contracts and off-premises contracts:
- extended right of withdrawal. The revised conditions for entitlement to cancellation,
- new forms for the declaration of withdrawal,
- new rules for payments and repayments of receivables and costs in the event of cancellation,
- new reporting obligations on the websites of internet seller and the consequences of their failure.
The issue of concluding agreements:
- statement of intent,
- a form of legal action,
- ways to enter into contracts,
- auction and bidding,
- issues related to the conclusion of contracts at a distance over the Internet.
Day II and III
- Scenario of creating business relations due to negotiating position:
- with monopolist – “David and Goliath”,
- with equivalent partner – “tug-of-war”,
- with weaker partner – “lemon”.
- Supplier’s point of view – substantive preparation for negotiations with your company:
- customer’s wallet and individual price politics,
- history of cooperation – individual goals vs company’s goals,
- negotiation goals – source of information, deduction,
- negotiation techniques and tricks of suppliers – ways of neutralization.
- Supplier’s point of view – emotional impact based on relations:
- identification of signals – recommended reactions,
- schemes of assertive behaviors toward emotional influence.
- Verification of the actual price possibilities in purchase negotiations:
- offers analysis based on Cost Model and VCA,
- psychological tools which allow drilling “negotiation bottom”,
- details in Suppliers’ offers as potential to counterproposal.
- Impact tools at the stage before negotiations:
- Social Media – rules for the use of a network of contacts, interpretation of “soft” information,
- Fisher and Ury scenario – decreasing Supplier’s feeling of bargaining power.
- Techniques of reacting in unexpected situations:
- new facts/information from Supplier’s side,
- unexpected tactical maneuverings,
- “tied proposals”,
- new people to support the negotiations by supplier’s side or change the composition of team.
- Ways of engaging other side in building compromise:
- BATNA – Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement,
- chees matrix method,
- Ury’s 5 stages.
Day IV - Logistical aspects of the selection and collaboration with suppliers.
- The strategic role of people holding company’s purchase:
- SIM (Supplier Information Management) as a support of company’s strategy,
- management of domestic demand – formation of scale effect,
- building of purchase teams (design),
- centralization or decentralization aspects of purchases,
models of structures and purchasing activities taking into account best practices:
- strategic Sourcing,
- Advanced methods for supporting decision-making - selection and evaluation of suppliers:
- AHP algorithm (Analytic Hierarchy Process),
- TCO (Total Cost of Ownership),
- design criteria for supplier selection according to the company's growth strategy.
- The effectiveness of cooperation with individual supplier:
- proper identification of supplier’s status / product / product group,
- identification of potential gaps in cooperation (logistical, financial, quality, sales),
- design of development cycle.
- Synergy effect in portfolio management of suppliers:
- ANP algorithm (Analytic Network Process),
- backward chaining method.
- Methods of reducing the risks associated with the introduction of changes:
- new supplier, change of supplier,
- new products / services,
- reduction of co-operation, the distribution of orders, one-time order,
- change of conditions in cooperation with current supplier.
- Principles of building a partnership:
- CP (Collaborative Planning),
- ECR (Efficient Consumer Response),
- relations traps – a partner or a hostage.
- Inspiring examples of procurement policy in TOP 500 companies – profiles:
|Scheduje||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
|Registration of participants||9:45 - 10:00|
|Training||10:00 - 11:00||10:00 - 11:00||9:00 - 11:00||9:00 - 11:00|
|Break||11:00 - 11:15||11:00 - 11:15||11:00 - 11:15||11:00 - 11:15|
|Training||11:15 - 13:00||11:15 - 13:00||11:15 - 13:00||11:15 - 13:00|
|Lunch break||13:00 - 13:45||13:00 - 13:45||13:00 - 13:45||13:00 - 13:45|
|Training||13:45 - 15:00||13:45 - 15:00||13:45 - 15:00||13:45 - 15:00|
|Break||15:00 - 15:10||15:00 - 15:10||15:00 - 15:10||15:00 - 15:10|
|Training||15:10 - 17:00||15:10 - 17:00||15:10 - 16:00||15:10 - 16:00|